When someone would ask me to sing I would say sure. Sometimes I never even received a thank you to show they appreciated my time, talent, and expenses it took for me to make that part of their event successful. I suppose a monetary token of their appreciation was truly a stretch for them. I realized I had to start placing value on my time, talent, and expenses and if they couldn't bless me to continue the ministry, then it was not important enough to them to have singing at their event. No don't get me wrong I am completely lead by God when to donate my time and talent. So when you think about using the three letter word YES, think again because it may just need to be the other way around... the anointed word NO!
8 ways to Analyze should I say NO or YES:
- Is God speaking and giving me the OK to do this?
- Can I afford to donate my time and talent?
- Have I already donated my time and talent at a previous event of theirs?
- Will this harm me?
- Is it a worthy cause?
- Is it in line with the direction and will of God for my life?
- Does the person or organization operate in integrity?
- How much time and resources will I have to utilize?